Heating Service by Groff's
Preventative heating service will protect the life of your heating system. In these harsh Minnesota winters, you do not want to be dealing with constant heating repairs or a new installation in the dead of winter. Call Groff’s Heating & Air Conditioning for a full furnace inspection for full efficiency and to keep your family safe and warm.
Upon a thorough evaluation, our HVAC technicians will determine what kind of tune-up your heating system needs. Seasonal maintenance and service will help prevent you from having a total system breakdown at the worst possible time. Groff’s can help you with that today!
Services we provide to help keep your furnace running:
- Check all electrical components
- Check all high and low voltage wiring
- Measure the amperage of all the motors
- Check the temperature split for proper operation
- Check for proper combustion air
- Clean the burners
- Clean the flame sensors and take readings
- Clean the pilot assembly
- Clean and inspect the heat exchangers
- Check the strength of the igniter
- Measure the airflow and static pressure
- Test gas connections for leaks
- Check the draft and vacuum pressure
- Measure the manifold gas pressure
- Test all the safety controls
- Inspect the flue for cracks and rust
- Check the calibration of the thermostat
- Replace standard 1” air filter
- Perform a carbon Monoxide test
- Perform a combustion analyzer test
- Wipe the unit down
Why Furnace Maintenance Is Necessary
Just like you need to give your vehicle a tune-up after so many miles, the same goes for your heat system. Your furnace is a mechanical device requiring all the same love you show your car! Fluids need to be replenished and malfunctioning parts need to be replaced to avoid it wearing out faster. Avoid surprise breakdowns with HVAC maintenance so your system stays running all winter long.
Annual inspections of your furnace is the least maintenance you can do after it works so hard to keep your family warm in the Minnesota wintertime. This will save you on costly repairs throughout the year as well.
Groff’s Heating & Air Conditioning is your local, family owned business providing great service at a fair price! Call us today to schedule regular service for your furnace.
DIY Maintenance Tasks
While you definitely need to have your heating system serviced at least annually, there are still some tasks you can do yourself to ensure you are keeping your unit functioning at maximum capacity. Check them out below:
- Switch out the air filter monthly. This will help you to avoid clogging and airflow obstruction.
- Clean up leaves and other debris surrounding the outdoor unit.
- If your outdoor unit has accumulated a lot of dirt, hose it down to clean it out.
- Any foliage around the outdoor unit should be trimmed back at least 18 inches.
- Any drapery or furniture should be kept away from the supply and return registers.
Keep your home and family cozy this winter with regular maintenance from Groff’s Heating & Air Conditioning. Find out why the residents of Rosemount and the surrounding areas recommend our maintenance service by calling us at (651) 424-0794 or use our online form to schedule your furnace inspection today.